SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW THE COMPLETE TIMETABLE THROUGH TO THE END OF DECEMBER 2020
1st April 2019
Applications open for 2020 GCF Leadership Experience.
1st September 2019
25th September 2019
All applicants are notified if they are successful and further information about the Leadership Experience is sent. A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due by 15th October.
15th October 2019
Each LE Participant submits names of mentor and supervisor. A non-refundable deposit of $500 is paid.
15th November 2019
The balance of the full fee ($1,700) is due.
1st December 2019
- Mentoring and supervision begin
- LE 2020 Community forums on social media begin
- Community research assignments begin
23rd February - 28th March 2020
Participants come together in South Africa for a five-week residential intensive where they will learn from one another and expert facilitators. Learning will be biblically-based, interactive and experiential. The elements of the intensive are:
- Biblical foundations: children, family and faith community in the Big Story of God
- The context in which children live: the implications for children’s ministry of the diverse sub-cultures in which a child’s worldview is shaped
- Transformational faith formation in children: bringing hope to children so that they bring hope to those around them
- Godly leadership: the qualities and the skills of a Kingdom leader of children’s ministry
The GCF values of servant hood, generosity, integrity and trust will be the foundation stones of the GCF LE community that is built.
April - November 2020
- Regular meetings with mentor and supervisor continue
- Regular online community groups continue with discussions and learning assignments around children’s ministry topics
- Participants complete a Ministry Project as agreed with their supervisor and GCF Leadership Experience Facilitators. This project will intentionally relate Leadership Experience learning to the ministry in which the person is involved
Graduates are awarded a GCF Leadership Experience Certificate endorsed by the Cory Centre of Children’s Ministry, Bethel Seminary USA. Certificates will be awarded at an online graduation ceremony uniting participants and facilitators from across the globe.