SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW THE COMPLETE TIMETABLE THROUGH TO THE END OF JUNE 2022
1st June 2021
Applications open for 2021 GCF Leadership Experience.
31st July 2021
All applicants are notified if they are successful and further information about the Leadership Experience is sent. A non-refundable deposit of $1,000 is due by 31st August.
31st August 2021
Each LE Participant submits names of mentor and supervisor. A non-refundable deposit of $1,000 is paid.
1st September 2021
- Mentoring and supervision begin
- LE 2021 Community Forums begin
- Community research assignments begin
1st November 2021
The balance of the full fee ($1,100) is due.
7th-27th November 2021
Participants come together in Nairobi, Kenya for a three-week residential intensive where they will learn from one another and expert facilitators. Learning will be biblically-based, interactive and experiential. The elements of the intensive are:
- Biblical foundations: children, family and faith community in the Big Story of God
- The context in which children live: the implications for children’s ministry of the diverse sub-cultures in which a child’s worldview is shaped
- Transformational faith formation in children: bringing hope to children so that they bring hope to those around them
- Godly leadership: the qualities and the skills of a Kingdom leader of children’s ministry
The GCF values of servant hood, generosity, integrity and trust will be the foundation stones of the GCF LE community that is built.
1st December 2021 - 20th June 2022
- Regular online course teaching sessions continue
- Regular meetings with mentor and supervisor continue
- Regular online community groups continue with discussions and learning assignments around children’s ministry topics
- Participants complete a Ministry Project as agreed with their supervisor and GCF Leadership Experience Facilitators. This project will intentionally relate Leadership Experience learning to the ministry in which the person is involved
25th-30th June 2022
Participants come together in Nairobi, Kenya for a further one-week residential intensive.
Completion of course content. Presentation of Ministry projects (Completed and ongoing).
Final meetings and In-Person graduation.
30th June 2022
Graduates are awarded a GCF Leadership Experience Certificate endorsed by the Evangelical Theological College, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Certificates will be awarded at an online graduation ceremony uniting participants and facilitators from across the globe.